Saturday 5 September 2015

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

We bought our tickets for the U.S. today.  I spent all day working out the flights.  We wanted to fly into New York from Guayaquil or Quito and then take a bus to Cleveland because the savings are huge!  So, after a lot of back and forth I finally found an itinerary that would work.

We are flying to Quito the night of the 28th and then hanging around the airport all night.  The flight to New York leaves at 7:00am and we will arrive in New York City at 5:00pm.  I booked a great little apartment through airbnb in Brooklyn for two nights for only $105 a night. (Still waiting on confirmation of this.). There was no way we could survive these two flights and then hop on a bus for a ten hour ride.  So, we opted to stay in New York and show the kids the city.  I have to admit I am kind of excited about this part.

We leave on the bus to Cleveland at 10:00pm and will arrive at 7:00 in the morning.  Perfect.  Even with staying over two nights in New York and sight seeing for those two days, we saved $980 over flying directly from Guayaquil to Cleveland.  You can't beat that!


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss my Team Franklin down in Cuenca, but look forward to Ya'll's return next year~
    J & A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you guys to begin this amazing journey together! Going to love following along! I bet there are unschoolers in the Cleveland area that would love to connect while you're there!

    ReplyDelete